The Communist and Workers’ parties that sign this common appeal:
1. Strongly condemn the unacceptable position of the President of the USA, D. Trump, through which the USA recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
2. This decision strongly undermines the just struggle of the Palestinian people against Israeli occupation, for the creation and recognition of a Palestine State at the borders of 1967, with East Jerusalem as its capital. Moreover, this decision, which constitutes a dangerous provocation against the peoples of the Middle East, is moving towards the direction of a more general conflagration in the region in order to satisfy the US imperialist plans.
3. The EU, and in general the leaderships of its state-members, also bear responsibilities for this development, since they have been deepening their relations with the Israeli state, at the same time that the Israeli state oppresses and murders the Palestinian people.
4. We call upon the workers, all the peoples, to strengthen their solidarity with the Palestinian people to free the thousands of political prisoners from the Israeli jails; to tear down the wall of shame; to force the retreat of the Israeli army from all occupied territories since 1967, including the Golan Heights (Syria) and the Shebaa Farms (Lebanon); to end all blockades against the Palestinian people in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip; to campaign for the return of Palestinian refugees to their hearths, on the premises of the relevant UN resolutions; to continue the struggle for the recognition of an independent, sovereign and viable Palestinian state within the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
Parties that sign the common appeal:
- Communist Party of Bangladesh
- Communist Party of Brazil
- Socialist Workers; Party of Croatia
- Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia
- Communist Party of Finland
- Communist Party of Greece
- Hungarian Worker’s Party
- Communist Party of India
- Communist Party of India (Marxist)
- Tudeh Party of Iran
- Communist Party (Italy)
- Workers Party of Korea
- Communist Party of Luxembourg
- Portuguese Communist Party
- Romanian Socialist Party
- Communist Party of Russian Federation
- Russian Communist Workers Party
- Union of Communist Perties - CPSU
- New Communist Party of Yugoslavia
- South African Communist Party
- Communist Party of Turkey
- Communist Party of Ukraine
The common appeal is open for signatures.