|Giant banners raised by the KKE at the|
Acropolis, in support of the refugees, Oct. 2015.
In a statement regarding the World Refugee Day, the Press Office of the CC of the Communist Party of Greece (KKE) points out the following:
"The 65.6 million refugees and domestically displaced people are not just a "humanitarian crisis". It is the tragic confirmation of the actual character of a system which, when it cannot give solutions to its contradictions by crushing peoples' rights, resorts to war sowing horror, death and refugees. The imperialist war crushes whatever imperialist peace leaves intact.
The SYRIZA-ANEL government, which cultivates the myth of the supposedly humanitarian stance towards the refugees, isn't innocent. It is responsible for the entrapment of 62,000 refugees in (mainland) Greece and the double entrapment- under miserable conditions- in the islands. It brought the special NATO naval force in the Aegean, using the refugees and immigrants as a pretext. It gives 2.4% of the GDP, 4 billion euros every year- stealing from workers, unemployed, pensioners, young people- to the murderous NATO machine.
It offers to the NATO-US imperialists multiple facilitations and services, the upgrade of the Souda base and extends the time of its use. It participates in the imperialist missions and the imperialist war, serving the goal of the domestic capital's geostrategic enhancement. It implicates the people, deeper and deeper, to the dangerous plans of the USA-NATO in the region. It bears responsibility for the uprooting and the refugee flows.
The KKE, steadily struggling against every imperialist war and every imperialist alliance such as NATO and the EU, calls the Greek people, the refugees and immigrants to struggle united and organised:
- For the closure of all foreign bases and military infrastructure. To get NATO out of the Aegean and the Balkans. "Neither soil nor water to the murderers of the people".
- No tolerance to nationalism and racism.
- Solidarity with the refugees and immigrants.
- Release of the refugees and demand of their right to move to the destinations they want, against the agreements and rules of the EU.
- Decent living conditions for the refugees and their children, for as long as they stay in Greece, far from mechanisms established and funded by their own offenders, such as the NGOs".