Joint Statement by Communist and Workers' Parties on the occasion of the 1st of May, the International Workers' Day.
The Communist and Workers' Parties, which co-sign this Joint Statement, would like to express a common global position on the occasion of the first of May International Labor Day. Despite the fact that this year's workers' mobilizations will not be as massive as in previous years, due to the effects of the Covid-19 epidemic, workers will use many forms of struggle to honor their International Labor Day as a strike day, and will project their goals and demands, to oppose capitalist exploitation.
Our communist and worker parties organize diverse activities in this occasion in addition of international activities, and this universal Statement is one of them.
In this year, at a time when the impact of the Covid19 epidemic is getting stronger and the public health system in the most capitalist countries is failing and cannot protect human safety.
Millions of workers have lost their jobs, and labor rights are abolished, thousands of workers, especially the elderly are at risk of losing their lives, and health systems are powerless in the face of this epidemic, the world economy is in big crisis, while the capitalist governments helps the large monopolistic capitalist firms by giving trillions dollars to their companies to protect Capitalism systems, and leaves millions who are suffering from poverty, unemployment and marginalization
The new global crisis is not a result of Covid19 epidemic. We as the Communist and Workers' parties estimate that this crisis is the result of the insurmountable contradictions of the exploitative system, while the emergence of Covid19 epidemic emphasizes the class character of the anti-popular policy of bourgeois governments and Capitalist market economy which neglected policies that serve health and the environment and scientific research.
In this new situation we fight as communist and labor parties in our countries against dictatorships, the extreme right, the new fascism and in general capitalist regimes that exploit the working class and other popular strata. We are fighting against the imperialist plans and interventions of the USA, NATO, the EU and their allies. At the same time, we are fighting together for socialism which will establish real development, which will serve the people's needs and the cause of peace, will abolish the exploitation of man by man.
Capitalism is not the end of history, and the communist and workers' parties seek to coordinate the international struggle to overthrow it.
The struggle for peace, workers' rights, save environment, public health protection, ending of poverty and unemployment needs workers' power, Socialism, and the joint struggle of the Communist and Workers' parties, of the working class and the peoples.
The first day of May the International Labor Day remains to motive our fighting for socialism which is the bright future of humanity.
Solid Net Parties signing the Joint Statement
- Communist Party of Albania
- Party of Labour of Austria
- Progressive tribune of Bahrain
- Communist Party of Bangladesh
- Communist Party of Belgium
- Brazilian Communist Party
- New Communist Party of Britain
- Socialist Workers' Party of Croatia
- Communist Party in Denmark
- Hungarian Workers' Party
- Communist Party of Ireland
- Communist Partyof Israel
- Communist Party of Greece
- Unified Communist Party of Georgia
- Jordanian Communist Party
- Kurdistan Communist Party- Iraq
- Workers Party of Ireland
- Communist Party of Malta
- Communist Party of Mexico
- Communist Party of Norway
- Nepal Communist Party
- Communist Party of Pakistan
- Palestinian communist party
- Palestinian Peoples Party
- Philippine Communist Party
- Communist Party of Poland
- Communist Party of the SOviet Union
- Union of Communist Parties-CPSU
- New Communist Party of Yugoslavia
- Communists of Serbia
- Communsit Party of the Workers of Spain
- Communist Party of Peoples of Spain
- Communists of Catalonia
- Communist Party of Sri Lanka
- Communist Party of Swaziland
- Sudanese Communist Party
- Communist Party of Turkey
- Communist Party USA
- Communist Party of Venezuela
The statement is open for further endorsements