The World Peace Council (WPC), in collaboration with the U.S. Peace Council, organizes mobilizations against the murderous imperialist alliance of NATO on March 30th and 31st, 2019.
The mobilizations include protests and demonstrations throughout the city, in front of the White House, concerts, as well as an Anti-NATO Conference on Sunday 31st March.
The WPC announcement states: NATO, the biggest war machinery in human history is “celebrating” its 70th anniversary with a summit in Washington D.C., on 4th April 2019. The WPC opposed NATO from its founding days as the armed wing of imperialism. The history of NATO which is full of crimes,wars and aggressions proves us right.
Since 2010, the WPC has been carrying out its campaign, “YES to Peace-NO to NATO,” with mass events around the world. We demand the dissolution of NATO and support the struggle of the peoples in each member State for the disengagement from it.
We oppose the war drive policies and aggressions carried out by NATO in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen etc. and denounce the governments of the USA and all NATO states who have acted together and unanimously against the peoples of the world. Furthermore, we denounce the political and military actions of NATO hand in hand with the European Union, which is creating its EU army, while it is intervening alone or together with NATO in many missions abroad.
The World Peace Council calls upon all members and friends to organize around the date of 4th April 2019 protests, rallies and other events in as many as possible countries, underlining the opposition to the aggressive mechanism NATO which is the enemy of peace and of the peoples.
The WPC supports and endorses the actions planned by the US Peace Council (USPC) and the United Anti-War Coalition (UNAC) and numerous other peace organizations in the US for the 30th March 2019 for a National Mass Mobilization and Rally in Washington, DC, Lafayette Park (across from the White House) at 1:00 PM."
The World Peace Council will also hold an Anti-NATO Conference on 31st March 2019, from 3:00 to 7:00 PM, at the St. Stephen Episcopal Church Newton St., NW, Washington DC. 20010. We call upon all WPC members and friends to support and attend this conference organized together with the USPC and UNAC.
The confirmed speakers of the Conference are:
- Iraklis Tsavdaridis, WPC Executive Secretary- Greece.
- Ajamu Baraka, Executive Board Member, U.S. Peace Council.
- Miguel Figueroa, President, Canadian Peace Congress.
- Rabindra Adhikari, Nepal Peace and Solidarity Council - Nepal.
- Liliana Constante, MOPASSOL- Argentina.
- Marion Kueper, DFK-VK - Germany.
- Maria Zakharova, Council of Mothers of May 2 - Ukraine.
- Bahman Azad, Coordinator, Global Campaign Against US/NATO Military Bases.
- Bruce Gagnon, Secretary/Coordinator, Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space.
- Gerry Condon, President, Veterans for Peace.
- Joe Lombardo, Co-ordinator, UNAC.
- Margaret Flowers, Co-Director, Popular Resistance.
- Maurice Carney, Executive Director, Friends of the Congo.
- Kevin Zeese, Co-Director, Popular Resistance.
- Sara Flounders, Co-Director, International Action Center.
- YahNE Ndgo, Black Alliance for Peace.